Being a serial entrepreneur from 1991, Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe has founded various organisations
to support SMEs, Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups for business growth, export promotion, imparting
knowledge & education for transformation of their business activity, capacity building for global
competitiveness, interface with policy makers, channelise finance & investment, joint ventures,
technology transfer, setting up industries and expansion and diversification of business activities
in India and Overseas.
He has been on a forefront for policy change and policy implementation and resolve the issue
and problems of SMEs and Manufacturing Industries and provides suggestions and recommendations
to various government department and agencies for industrial growth and SME empowerment.
Mr. Salunkhe has played a very important role for empowerment of SMEs and taken efforts to initiate
SME Stock Exchange, National Skill Development Corporation, TReDS – Electronic platform for Trade
Receivables, inclusion of SME sector for providing level playing field in ease of doing business
facilities, identification of emerging export market for SMEs and advance technology for better
productivity and quality, exclusive SME department in Maharashtra State as well as guidance
to Start-ups, young and women entrepreneurs for converting business ideas into profitable
venture and commercialization of inventions & innovations.
Founder of following organisations:
- SME Chamber of India (Small and Medium Business Development Chamber of India)
- SME Business Management Institute
- SME Export Promotion Council
- Start-Ups Council of India
- Maharashtra Industrial and Economic Development Association (MIEDA)
- Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI)
- India International Trade Centre (Investment and Trade Promotion Organisation
– recognised and supported by Government of India and Government of Maharashtra)
- Women Entrepreneurs Development Council
- SME Technology Development Centre
- SME Connect – Magazine (Registered)
- India – US SME Business Council
- Europe - India SME Business Council
- India – GCC SME Business Council
- India – Japan SME Business Council
- India - China Business Council
- India – Canada SME Business Council
- India - UK SME Business Council
- Member of RBI Governor’s Pre-Monetary Policy Review Committee
- Member of Industry and Task Force, Maharashtra, Chairmanship of Chief Minister
(2002 – 2007)
- Member, RBI Empowered Committee for SMEs and SLIC for various states
- Member of National Advisory Board of MSME, Government of India (2011-2013)
- Board of Director of Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels Ltd. (2002 – 2004)
- Board of Director of Asia Mergers and Acquisitions Association
- Pitched for Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) – Institutional mechanism for facilitating the financing of trade receivables of MSMEs from corporate buyers through multiple financiers to avoid NPA during the tenure of Mr. Raghuram Rajan, as the Governor of Reserve bank of India in 2014 to initiate this platform as the member of Monetary Policy Review Committee of RBI.
- Women Entrepreneurs Development Council
- Participated as the Jury of various awards selection committees formed by eminent organisations.
- Participated as the Key-Note Speaker at “European SME Congress” annual conference organized by Silesian Government, Poland with European commission on October 2016 at Katowice, Poland.
- Participated as the Speaker at “World Trade Symposium” annual conference organized by Financial Times in June 2016 at London.
- Pitched for Collateral free loan for Micro and Small Entrepreneurs of Rs. 2 crore from Rs. 1 crore to Hon’ble Prime minister and Finance Minister of India in 2016.
- He has presented paper at G-20 Conference on SME sector at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014.
- Participated as a Key-Note Speaker at “SME Assembly” annual conference organized by European commission on November 2013 at Vilnius, Lithuania
- Inaugurated the “Industrial & Commercial Bank of China” – ICBC Bank, India Branch on 15th September 2011 at Mumbai. ICBC is the world’s largest bank, with brand value of US$ 47.8 billion the ICBC Bank ranks 13th amongst the most valuable financial brands.
- Initiated “Pride of Maharashtra Awards” and “India SME Excellence Awards”.
- Perusing with various State governments for providing industrial land at concessional rate for SMEs.
- Perusing with Ministry of finance and Reserve bank of India to change definition of NPA and providing financial assistance at lowest rate of interest to SMEs.
- Suggestions to central and various state government departments for considering special support and exemption to SME sector in ease of doing business process and formalities.
- Pitched for the financial support for SME sector for participating in international exhibitions through Canara bank and launched this facility on 16th September 2014 at Mumbai in the presence of Hon’ble Union Minister for Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises.
- Pitched for SME Stock Exchange during the tenure of Shri C B Bhave, as the Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2010
- Pitched to Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning commission of India in 2009 for setting up National Skill Development Corporation.
- Organised SME & Entrepreneurship Awards function in the presence of Hon’ble Deputy Prime Minister Mr. Lalkrishna Advani on 1st May, 2003 at New Delhi.
- Organised SME & Entrepreneurship function in the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 1st May, 2002 at New Delhi for MSME sector
- Recommended to the Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hon’ble Prime Minister in 2002 for Policy change and definition of Small Scale Industrial sector and to create new MSME Act.
- Being a Chairman of Law & Order of “Federation of Association of Maharashtra”, took the initiative to improve deteriorated law and order situation of Mumbai and organised confidence building activities amongst businessmen, industrialist and traders on 17th November, 1998.
- Active involvement in organising “Advantage Maharashtra” the first ever investment event along with Government of Maharashtra in 1996 at Mumbai.
- Frequently travelling to USA, Canada, UK, Israel, various European Countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Singapore, Bahrain, UAE, South Africa, Oman, Mauritius, Qatar, Taiwan, Sri Lanka and GCC Countries.
- Mr. Salunkhe has represented various Government Committees, Study Groups, Sub-Committees and Panels to give inputs on Industry, Finance and SME Sector.
Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe has founded Macro Group of Companies in 1991 at Mumbai which is
involved in Manufacturing Packaging Machines & Equipments, Distributorship and Marketing of Capital
Goods, Industrial Products and providing support to the industries from Food Processing, Pharmaceutical,
Healthcare, FMCG and allied processing sectors for setting / transforming / developing packaging unit,
upgradation of technology, development of processing system as well as IT enabled services,
International Marketing and Promotional activities.
Macro Group of Companies is involved in Exports of Packaging Machines & Equipments, Processed Food
Products, Packaging Products, Industrial Products and has been also providing assistance for Business
Consultancy for International Cooperation, In & Outbound Investment, Collaborations
and Business Consultancy.
Founder of Macro Group of Companies:
- Salunkhe Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
- Salunkhe Exports Pvt. Ltd
- Macro Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Geoptech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Bricks Marketing and Promotion Pvt. Ltd.
- Macro Events & Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd.